Combines JD hydroflex on lexion combine

Rooster

WhyIJ The lexion 535 and 540 are a much better design than the hydroflex. Try one, you won't let it go back!

Rotorhead

I didn't realize the 535 was available yet and I didn't want a 40'. I would prefer a 30', are they available yetIJ Rooster, are you still running your 485IJ

Rotorhead

No I really haven't. I have never seen one work in the field. I have just heard that the new heads that are being built are pretty remarkable. I had one salesman (not a Macdon dealer) tell me that the flex draper is ok but will not cut close to the ground like a flex header willIJ

Hop_a_l

One word on not cutting as close. BUlllARKY I have actually got dirt on top of the sickle and guards in drilled beans with a 30' 974. One other thing to think about is how many beans do your auger head shatterIJ 3-4 Bushel to the acreIJ If thats close then thats $21,000 dollars lost at $6 beans on 1,000 acres. Check out the Case page where Cornking talks about trying out the draper and just below that Me and Red Dog were talking about them also. Were are you located atIJ

Case_Farmer

You really do need to look at a macdon draper head Ive watched several work..and cutting close isn't a problem WE are getting one next year ;)