Combines lets change modes to shopping for hp

Tom_Russell

As we speak, I have a new 335 HP 4WD tractor in my shop that doesnt have 5 hours on it yet. I bought it from a dealer who is close by and has the capability to provide reliable service on my farm or in his shop. If weather holds, we will break it in today. Good luck to you or to whomever it is you are referring to in your post.

orange

For what its worth, bang for buck it would be hard to top Versatile. Not the fanciest but comfortable, affordable and mainly off the shelf components that seem to run forever. In addition to that, they seem to be growing all over grain belt in dealership numbers.

Rolf

look out for a Cat Challenger 65 or 75 C or D Should be getting cheap by now, and are as reliable as any of the others out there! WE have a 65 A brought in 1989 and with 8000 hours its still a good tractor, only seem to use it for 250 hours a year, so it got some life in it yet! Pull a 50 ft alfarm cultivator_airseeder with 8000 kg cart. It's ok at 9 kms_hr and 8 ks when a bit wet! This is on 7 inch tine spacing, so 84 tines! with 285Hp! Makes some of our blokes around here with 400+ hp, 40 ft seeders and 15 inch tine spacing look a bit silly! :) Rolf

thyristor

thats what i was leaning toward, i need something i can fix myself, what have you heard about their powershifts

orange

larger HHP units use CAT powershift, and I think the 400 and smaller use Twin Disc PS (couldn't swear by it though). I know guys that have them and are quite happy with no problems.