Combines lexion combine resale value

Ilnewholland

I guess you can look at that two waysIJ I seen the two 460's sell at Siikeston last week and was thinking for $42,000 that they are a good deal for some one. If you buy used that was a lot of combine for not much money and nowdays thats the only way I can farm. Ilnewholland

wheaty

i couldnt agree with you more Ilnewholland the cat combines seen like an excelent deal where else can you find the capacity and technology for that money just thought i would give my 2 cents sure makes me think about it lol seem like a good machine to me

abe

I was looking at this subject as one who buys new.Also I qustion the service commitment on these combines since cat dumped them.They have a lot of electronic gadgets to go wrong and what is the dealer commiment on a used combine and at what costIJI still say the only yellow for me is on the wheels.

land_Surfer

It isn't a CAT Corporate committment as much as it is a CAT Dealer commitment! Most of the Cat dealers who (are worth anything) sold lexion combines prior to CAT's exit of the "Sales and Marketing" aspect of ag products continue to sell lexion combines today. Cat dealer sales, serivce and parts support continues as it always has been in the past, very very good, no matter the machine. I own a lexion have not once been concerned of sales and service support, hasn't been a problem for me or any other lexion owner from my dealer. They stand behind the lexion just as any other product with CAT on the side, just as they or any other CAT delaer is suppose to becuase they SOlD them and have no desire in tarnishing their reputation for support.

Ilnewholland

Really at the Sikeston sale if you compare apples to apples the Cats was not that much out of line. One Cat 460 with 1160 hrs was $45,000. A JD 9610 with I think around 1500 hrs was $49,500. If I'm not mistaken they was made around the same year. Not really fair to compare a JD STS(500 hrs) to the Cat 460'sIJ It's all supply and demand. People want a STS but look at the 9600 and 9610 and tell me resale is good on a JD combine. I say what puts green in my back pocket is more important then the wheel colorIJ Ilnh

abe

Our experience with cat construction eqpt. and truck engines is that their parts and service is way higher than Deere.I have been farming for over 30 years and have been well rewarded for choosing green. They are not the leader for no reason at all. When I was a boy IH was the leader in farm eqpt. but today IH is not in the farm eqpt bussiness and CaseIH is owned by a forign co called fiat. I will stick to my yellow wheels because they put more green in my pocket and they are a USA co since 1837.

land_Surfer

CAT Corporate isn't the majority parts distributer for ag parts sold by CAT dealers, ClAAS and AGCO are. And, the CAT dealers have done a very good job at rationalizing the price of their ag parts to be directly competitive with the other manufacturers. The fact that who's on top of the ag "MARKETING" industry offers no real utility when "MARKETING" isn't what equals quality and value! History has proven that the "top spot" is very short lived and that mergers, acquisitions and buyouts are inevitable in the ag industry! I select those products that best align with my operation, those which generate the greatest possible productivity available, with the least amount of downtime per hour of operation. Therefore, I do not rely on brand alone to get the job done, but rather on actual product technical and performance data and their highest performance potential extrapolated from that data. And, "at the end of the day" (useful life-cycle) all is depreciated to an acceptable level, usually zero and work goes on. I sure hope it's your brains putting the money in your pocket and not the color of those wheels!

dakota

When you start buying parts, it's going to eat up your early price advantage very, very fast.

abe

Deere is the only company that not go broke and have to sell out or merge with a competer.This says a lot about the company and the value of its products.They have the top spot in america since the 4010 tractor.I buy yellow wheels because of what they contribute to my bottom line and the value of the company and cat selling out only reinforces that perception.

Ilnewholland

How much more are the Cat's part pricesIJ They all seem to much nowdays. I have Cat truck motors and DD and I don't see any difference in part prices. People told me a Detroit was cheaper to work on but I have not seen any difference. Are the Cat combines hard to work on yourselfIJ Do they break more than any otherIJ Ilnh