Combines Massey flex head question

• Thread starter Illinois_Gleaner
  • Start date

Illinois_Gleaner

I wouldnt have one without them. In short beans they take the dead space out. The beans dont have to build up to get to the reel. They just make everything keep moving. The only down fall is they get dirt between the feather sheets and them. And sometimes when you reverse your head,they want to catch and raise up in the middle. But I think they are well worth the price. IG IG

8780xp

Save yourself the time and agony and put on an air reel. Take the feather sheets off and throw them as far as you can up the rock pile, and continue on with harvest. The cost of the air reel is justified just by the extra beans in the tank, not including the longer harvesting days, no hassle with feather sheets, and less wear on the combine because of the even flow of material.

Jeff71

Dealer tells me they keep rocks out of the table. I know with my older 9750 table I have come to the end of the row and after the last of the beans are grabbed by the auger there is a rock laying on the sickle right before that angle. I would rather see one there than hear one in the rotor.

Cookie_Jar

Pardon my ignorance, but what are "raised feather sheetsIJ" I do beans with my MF750 with an old loveBar floating knife, and am interested in anything that will minimize by cutterbar losses. I've added 6" wide by 1_8" thick grey "slipsheet" HDPE plastic sheets to the reel bats so only about 2" of the fingers protrude past the extended bats, and this does help quite a bit.

semnjoe

instead of flat sheets of metal between the cutterbar and the auger they are designed with a raised area that helps feeding ive been told.