Combines mod s R62

Dan

Yes the real answer for you would be feeder shocks, third helical extention over feeder opening, extend them cylinder bars. Most all machines around here in NE North Dakota have all forward bars in similar conditions and crops as you with minimum losses. Do the basic upgrades above and you won't be disapointed. You may want to consider seperator grate cover for your canola and barley which won't hurt you in your wheat. Any other comments or suggestions for kekoIJIJIJIJIJIJ

T__langan

I agree with Dan, go ahead and do the upgrades. By moving the crop through faster, it stays in a thinner mat and will help to prevent grain from being trapped in the thick mat you have now.

Dan

The seperator grate cover kit is a pair of covers that are made from the same material as cage. They are 1_4" thick with 1"X1 1_4" holes. We remove all the wires from grate and then bolt the covers on top of grate. The first time we put covers on was for edible beans. We had a year where the bean straw did not want to slide well and when it got to seperator grate it would roll into rope and then grumble its way out. That would crack beans and take beans out the end of rotor. Then we had a guy having trouble saving barley. loss was not bad but the guy wanted less. We put in up to 8 reverse bars and still had loss and power was all sucked up also. We pulled the reverse bars and installed the cover kit. The guy has been happy ever since. We have found that grate will bust up canola and sunflowers also and make it hard to seperate on the shoe. We have no milo or grass seeds hear but I have heard the cover will help prevent the loss of milo when green and help prevent busting up grass straw. We have not found any crop where we need to remove covers. We do not have high yeilding corn plus we don't take it off very wet. Also we don't run wide enough corn heads to fully test cylinder capacity. I think Gleaner started making covers for some crop or condition in Australia. Gleaners cover kit is black iron with retaining hardware exposed to wear and they won't fit newer adjustable grate without modification so I've been having loewen build me chromed covers with counter sunk plow bolts and they will fit rigid or adjustable grates. I also cut the rigid seperator grate out on one and had a door made up to bolt in place of it. That was quite a bit of work but if you wanted to keep the cage the same diameter that would be the way to do it. I am also having a grate made of cage material made up to bolt right in in place of adjustable grate. I think maybe I've answered your question by now. The shocks,helicals, and extended bars are by far the most important. Have a fine one.

Dan

Getting rid of the excess short straw that is ending up on the shoe may be complete answer. Upgrading rotor will likely take care of it. If you are still having trouble after upgrades and have '96 or newer machine with long shoe there may be a couple of things to do in shoe area. I have heard of straw leakage from area under rock door will end up in clean grain so you may want to look at that area. There is a tin filler in that area and if it leaks threw there it will go down to seperator fan and get blown into clean grain area. Good luck.