More rodents?

Farmallh

Farmallh

Golden Chicken
Anyone notice an increase in rodents in your barns, fields or stored crop? My neighbor was complaining about this but I haven't noticed any increase. It's getting colder now and that is usually when they try to get in the house.

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
About a week ago, we noticed mouse droppings in one drawer in our kitchen. I put a live trap mouse trap in the drawer. We caught three mice over several days, and now there are no more mouse droppings anywhere in the house. I guess we only had three.... for now. They always find ways to get in. I trap them live and release them in a field not near any other houses. They're only trying to survive, they don't mean any harm.

jack

jack

Farm Hand
I haven't noticed anything new in the past few months as well. They are known to shut down their reproduction during the cold months and resume in earnest during the other seasons.

Charli1

Charli1

Golden Chicken
I have noticed some poop in the pantry. We set traps last night. We didn't catch anything yet. I don't set live ones, they freak me out.
What are the pros of mice?

BarkerB

BarkerB

Farm Hand
I've seen tracing of them in our barn. They won't last long though, we have barn cats. I haven't seen any in the house yet. I'm sure it won't be long though. They seem to love our old farmhouse.

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
I have noticed some poop in the pantry. We set traps last night. We didn't catch anything yet. I don't set live ones, they freak me out.
What are the pros of mice?
Pros of mice? Good question. Maybe that they eat weed seeds. There must be others. I live trap them because I don't like to kill anything unless I absolutely have to. If I can live trap them, and relocate them to an area where they won't get into trouble, I am happy to do it.