Combines Most Bushels of Corn Harvested By One Combine in 24 Hours

tobaboy

Not sure if its been done with corn, but in Europe they have a Wheat harvesting record, which the new 500 series lexion owns hands down.

Coors_light

There are a few lexion 480 combines running in the Panhandle of Texas who have claimed over 50,000 bu_day of corn in a 15-17 hour day. The corn produced there is consistently irrigated_fertigated. Growing degree days are perfect and the yield is well over 230 bu_ac. The fields they typically harvest in are sections or 580ac circles. If you think about it, the bulk total (50,000) is large, but the avg. bu_hr isn't around 3,300 bu_hr. However, the value is consistent, I know of no other combine capable of that much consistency and capable of resulting in 50,000 bu_day

Big_Truck

The world wheat harvesting record is held by a Claas lexion 580 Terra Trac.It cut 1018 tonnes of "Claire" winter wheat in 16 hours in the U.K. in August,average output was 70t_hr peaking at 94t_hr!!! Seems strange that nobody with a JD 9880STS or NH CR980 tried to beat itIJ

combinejockey99

Unless my adding machine is incorrect, 1018 tons divided by 16 hrs is only 63.63 tons per hr. Kinda makes a person wonder how accurate the test really wereIJ...

Coors_light

It isn't necessarily about the tonnes_hr as much as it is the ability to maintain (consistencey) that amount_hour through out the entire day. 63 tonnes_hr doesn't seem to be too monumental and nor does 3300 bushels_hr of corn, as I stated in my previous posting. The fact of the matter is, there aren't too many combines on the market that are capable of consistent or sustained, long-term performance with above avg. per hour productivity. I would certainly be interested in seeing another ombine up for this challenge of competing with a lexion, but so far there hasn't, on either side of the Atlantic!

Big_Green

Where has your head beenIJ lol Ever heard of a 9860sts or even a 9750 sts IJ Some people crack me up!!! Merry X -mas

Big_Truck

Excuse meIJ where has my head beenIJ Check your stats, Compared to Claas lexion 580_JD 9880STS_NH CR980 the 9860STS_9750STS are "baby" models!!! Face facts its Europe who leads the horsepower race in combines_choppers!!!

make0905

I think in corn an STS with 12 row headder should be able to bring more than these 70tons_hr! We made about 85tons_hr (9row and run over 5mph) but not the hole day - because this means more than three trucks an hour to be brought away from the field an that brings you much logistic problems! But I must say that I am sure that the 9880 is able to do 100tons_hr if the transport away is running! We had 19% moisture and about 17tons_ha and the only losses you could find were from the headder!!

Big_Green

I was talking to Coors light about corn harvesting not you buddy.

tobaboy

there was an independent study done on several machines in corn, the 480 topped the list and maxed out at 4400bu_hr, 470 was next at 3300, wan't sure what the other two makes were, but neither of them could match the lexions for sample, losses or total capacity.