Combines N5 boost pressure

tbran

Sounds like you have spent more money on boost problems than Fredricks of Hollywood and Victoria's Secret put together.....boost - intake manifold pressure is a function of air flow through the engine. n1 have you checked your gaugeIJn2 is there any air leak in the intercoolerIJn3 leak in exhaust manifoldIJn4 Has your rpm been reduced as the old hands recommenedIJ If so one can have the turbo exhaust housing which is a .96 A_R ratio OEM switched to a .8. This smaller hsg will force more air thru the turbine thus spinning it faster and -slap- pumpin' you up.n5 checked the valve lashIJn6 Assume your pump has proper gov. action to give the proper cc of fuel at rated rpm.IJ only your pump station knows for sure. As rpm drops due to load the fuel is increased trying to maintain rpm. The resulting increase in heat increases ex. flow thru the turbo which pumps in more air to be burned.(turbonics 101)n7 You havn't switched to an aftermarket air filter brand have you. We once found a too restrictive safety filter to cut about 20 hp and add a ton of smoke. It fit but the pores were too small (I am temped to go for a mother in law one here, but I will restrain myself) ..... Finally, if you are satisfied with your performance -engine wise [ :--] - try bending the little hand on the gauge to the right a little bit or shifting the numbers to the left.......and keep on Gleanerinnnnnn . ...others are more familiar with you P1 UPGRADES that will help you in non-draft uh drought yrs. And by the way ..we- my brother and I run about a 100 head of cows....about 3 times a week from my neighbors fields back to ours...

Gilligan

I feel like I could own Victorias by now!!(my wife says that would be a big plus) We put a guage on the intercooler itself and it read the same as on in the cab. As far as the leak in the intercooler or manifold-am not sure how to check for this except visually. RPM is set to manufacture's suggested(actually about 20-40RPMs higher) Have not heard anyone suggest dropping rpm of N5 only the N6. The original turbo housing has been replaced but I assumed that it was the same(this point had been discussed at the local dealer). I assume that you are talking about engine valve lash. This was all done a year ago when the motor had a VERY thorough tune up. We even put a high volume aftermarket fuel pump on to increase fuel pressure to the recommended pressure. As far as the pump and how it responds govern wise-all I know is that horsepower ratings increase as engine rpms drop. At rated speed (2400rpm) horsepower is 177 at main clutchshaft, and at engine rpm of 2050 horsepower is up to 188 but boost has fallen to low teens. Torque figures steadily increase from 650 to 820. We do use NAPA brand air filters in all of our machinery and have not had problems with power in anything else. Would combine be more sensitive to thisIJ Your suggestion on the needle is well taken. The engine is putting out recommended power. However the machine does not perform like it did when first purchased. Maybe I should be satisfied with what I've got and worry about other things. The factory suggests turning the fuel up more but with the history of the N6 coming apart and my machine having over 4000 hours on it I am a little leary of doing this.