Combines N5 radiator

Hyper_Harvest_II

Pengs, Radiators in the N-Series are all the same size but on the 84' and up they changed the core to allow more dirt and debris to flow through it.The older style seemed to plug more easily because of the staggered tube layout.You can easily indentify the newer style as it will have an "X" brace from corner to corner on the rotary screen side. Hyper Harvest II

Pengs5

Thanks hyper While we're on the subject is the fan and pulley hub the same but just a different mount on the bigger engine in a N7 As it turns out my bearings loose on shaft worked it way off stripping threads on little retainer stud and off she went into radiator. I get shop to install new bearings every couple of years so on closer inspection i see centre punch marks around hub to grab outer race and bearings slip on shaft when they should be pressed onto shaft and into hub right IJ while stud is just a retainer not a keeper IJ. So no salvage fan for N5 N6 but straightened mine out ok . I say i thought N's all had the same size radiator but they say N7 is ohh way bigger . Radiator shop thinks they will have repaired but missing a couple of tubes so thats ok i hope. Aussie price fr new fan ex USA $2000.00 aus. Fan hub $1100.00 ex USA . Might be able to get a salvage hub and will make a new shaft if i have to. Always been paranoid about that fan going into radiator hence the frequent bearing precaution and by mechanic who thought little bolt holds all that on not to mention centre punching hub i mean i've heard of that but come on.So dissapointed and would have picked that worn shaft and hub myself . While i'm going on is it just me or could the bearings be a bit bigger for that job IJ Anyway if every thing is how it should be does'nt really give any trouble i guess. Thanks a gutted pengs 5

Hyper_Harvest_II

Pengs, Sorry, I was thinking of the N5 and N6 on fans,hubs,and radiator being the same. The N7 is a whole different set up. Of all the older N-Series we service we have had very little problems with the fan and hub asy. We have taken every one of the fan hubs and removed the pipe plug and installed a grease zerk to grease at least once a season. I think that has helped the most. Hopefully you can find a used hub and fan and also a radiator if needed. Here in the US that would be no problem at all. Good luck, Hyper Harvest II

Pengs5

Yeah i thought that might be the case with the bigger engine. mine has a grease zerk tapped into middle of hub. thanks hyper pengs5

NDDan

This reminds me of a N7 I was checking over 25ish years ago. I had shock fan blade to try pick out a bearing that may be getting loose. I noticed a bit of fore aft movement and beings they were ball bearings, greasable, and held on with large nut and washer I didn't not examine further. A bit of float for the bearings on shaft and or in hub would be OK. Anyway it ends up the float I had was a loose nut that was allowing excess float. One guess what happened to blade when nut came all the way off that harvest. From then on the bearings get loctited onto shaft and hub no matter what engine setup it has. It was allways kind of nice when fan blades were fastened to water pump so you could get a hint of bearing failure by leaking coolant prior to blade coming off.