Combines Need help setting R50 in Corn

• Thread starter Hyper_Harvest_II
  • Start date

Hyper_Harvest_II

With a CDF rotor you should be able to run 1"-1 1_8" on the concave. Should not be breaking very many cobs at all. One of the easiest mods. you can do for the shoe is to add a third lever to top chaffer and run a rod up to front eight rows to adjust them seperate from the middle and rear portions of chaffer. With this mod. you should be able to open front section to 3_4" to dump the mass of clean grain coming off grain pan onto top chaffer. Another thing we do is add 1" square tube to rear shoe hangers, this gives you a little more up motion of shoe to help keep grain in shoe and be able to run fan on higher setting. last thing you can add is a 1" piece of square tube across width of chaffer at the very tail end of chaffer. This helps to make sure any kernals getting back this far have to jump over 1" tube and will make it go back through tailings. Better to keep kernal in machine rather than let it go out back of shoe. Hope this gives you some things to try. Hyper Harvest II

tbran

what are your rpmsIJ I have an old R50 and almost never have a problem of shoe loss. Run 1 5_8" finger (long finger round end) at about 9_16" and sieve at just under 1_2. If RPMs drop the capacity drops exponentially. High Idle per specs is a must. The opening of the first 5 louvers is almost a must for capacity. I did as Hyper suggests only just made the louvers always a 3_8" more open than the back. Finally I have been in certain varieites of corn that simply will not flow through the sieves. We worked on a new combine for days thinking we had a problem, the variety changed and the machine over doubled the speed and capacity.