Combines Need more air on 1996 R52

barry

We had the same problem with an R72. It seemed to overload the middle of the sieve real bad. It helped when we removed the deflector fingers that are in the air stream. We also took out a removeable panel on the back of the cage to spread the material wider. I hope this helps.

Steven_Dallas

Does this chaff problem have to do with the increased sieve area, on the 1996's and 1997's. Should we anticipate this on the R62IJ Does the chaff "overload" cause slow down because of sieve load and are you ending up with a dirty bin sampleIJ I really appreiciate the help. Steven

Bill

The bin sample is excellent. No problem that way at all! Its just that the increased sieve area comes from being longer and the cleaning fan blows the chaff down on the end of sieve then falls out the back instead of being blown clear out the back to the chaff deflector. I would be interested to know if 62's 72's and for that matter the 42's have the problem as well. Please everyone let me know. Thankyou! Bill.

Springlad_Farms

We didn't experience this problem with our 96 R52 other than we ran the

Bill

Please, If you could find out what the update was and let me know. I have been told that a fan speedup kit is in the works but have not seen anything postive yet. Up here in Ontario things seem to move pretty slowwww. Thanks in advance and good luck with your R52!! A wise purchase indeed!!

Jim

Bill: Engineering concluded tests on the fan running at higher speeds than were used on the 95 and 94 model R-52's.