Combines New Crary 36 Air flex bean head on a 8010

JDsales

some one called me that was woking on putting A 635F on his 8010 if he gets it to work that will be very impresive to combind the power_copacity of the 8010 and the speed and feeding of the 600F

Farkle

We worked with the 36' Air Header this past fall and did 500 acres of edibles and soys. Worked just like the 900 series only somewhat better because of the flow through air screen on the back of the header. lots of air and the reels worked great. Had a small problem with the sheave coming loose on the drive but other than that everything else worked fine.

mx240

I've checked into the same thing on a 2388. Keep us informed on the board if he gets it working.

mid_west

Have you looked at the 36' Crary bean headIJ I can't see running a 30 CIH head on this machine. I am also looking at a 36' drapper flex head, but they are lots of money.

mid_west

With a 36' head it has to flex alot to get all the beans, does the Crary have alot of flexIJ What size combine did you run one onIJ TIA

Farkle

We ran it on a JD9650 STS. There is a lot of flex there, however it all depends again as it does with any flex head how rolling your land is and how well you leave it after ploughing. Soys no problem, edibles not quite as good but satisfactory. Sure beats the alternative of pulling and raking.

R72

I am not try to be an a$$ here but for the money u paid for the machine. Why did you not get that a 36 foot header in the deal. I run one 36 foot honey bee and one 42 foot honey bee on my two R72's They run really nice.

mid_west

I did get a price on a 36' flex drapper and a 30' 2020, I'm looking for something priced in between and keeping my options open for a month or two. The flex drapper is really new in this area and I'm not really sure if I want to invest that kind of money yet. Do you run your honey bee's in beansIJ TIA

R72

yes i do but i farm light red kidney beans and pinto beans. I farm in Manitoba canada. I have thought about going back south to try soya beans but i usually run out of time. Time i finish cutting our own crops and doing my custom forage harvesting i don't have a chanse to go back.

FarmBuddy

I've never been a big fan (no pun intended) of the complexity of the Crary air reel.... but I like what they are trying to do with the center auger support and the screened back sheet. I think a full set of retractable auger fingers introduced by Cat_Claas and now offered by CNH and JD overcome a lot of the feeding problems previously associated with short soybeans. Crary still has some merit in the center supported auger. We just need to put the input drive there for both the auger and the knife and farmers will be cutting like butter. AGV