Combines Opinion of JD 930 Draper

Bill

duane, M.Gorden can probably give you all the details on the 930D since he hosted that aussie field demo of the 9750 sts w_936D go direct MG@harvesting.com. are you from NDIJ

bigsky

Could not tell you about the JD draper, but have lots of experiance with the McDon. We use a 36 ft. McDon on our 9600, harvesting peas, wheat, barley, flax, oats, etc. We have pick up reels and also lifters on this header. The feeding of crops is excellant with this header, giving the cylinder an even feed. As for moving parts, you have to grease every day to be safe. If doing a lot of tough conditions with 36 ft., would suggest a double knife system. Up here in Sask. and Manitoba they are more common than the JD 930 ridged

Dave

Duane, I've done some researching for my own benefit. Talked to two cutters that have tried them over the last two years. They said that it fed nicely but did not "float" near as well as the MacDons. They kept they're MacDons.

Rod

I can vouch that Marvin didn't "host" the STS_936D day in Aus. - he was an interested onlooker that got a ride to the show.

M__Gorden

Bill, Rod is correct. I did not host or promote the 9750 field demonstration. I was a guest (hitchhiker) and participated only as an interested onlooker. My opinion on the 336 draper platform is that JD should have taken the lead and produced it before MacDon or Honeybee. The best thing I saw on the 336 was the Schumacher knife drive. Of course that was already a feature on the HoneyBee years before.