Out in the boonies. Can't find a round bale anywhere.

Wool E Face

Wool E Face

We're really needing to find a supplier of round bales (kept dry and indoors).Squares have just become more than we can financially manage this year. Unfortunately, living where we do few people have internet access and therefore don't put ads on craigslist and such. Anyone we can find are not willing to deliver just a few bales to us because we live an hour from any sources we can find. Anyone know of a contact somewhere between New Philadelphia and Zanesville Ohio? Or have an idea of where besides Craigslist i might find someone? (East central Ohio).

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
Try contacting your local cooperative extension. They should be able to hook you up with someone. However, if you want the round bales delivered from a long way, be prepared to pay for that delivery.

RanchHouse

RanchHouse

Farm Hand
In my area, round bales are more common than their square counterparts, and I believe you should be able to find them locally. How are you able to prevent a portion of the hay from being wasted and that the nutrients are not lost out fast?

Wool E Face

Wool E Face

Try contacting your local cooperative extension. They should be able to hook you up with someone. However, if you want the round bales delivered from a long way, be prepared to pay for that delivery.
Thanks, I'll try contacting them.I am fully willing to pay a delivery fee. Even with that it's a good deal less than square bales.

Wool E Face

Wool E Face

In my area, round bales are more common than their square counterparts, and I believe you should be able to find them locally. How are you able to prevent a portion of the hay from being wasted and that the nutrients are not lost out fast?
Finding them locally is the issue. The only ones with them available I know of are left out in a field. That's not something I can feed sheep and goats with. In the past we've used them and stored them away from the animals then broke them down a bit at a time and took cart fulls of it to them. It was less convenient than squares but it worked.