Combines P3 shield

T__langan

It ain't important at all - we have ours removed too. Nobody has been able to explain why they even started putting them in there. You gain a little extra cage space and you can easily hand wrenches back and forth through there to another person.

johnboy

Jeff we asked the same question at a combine school and this is a gleaner engineer's answer. The proto. P1 processors did not have that cover and when the combine would stop there was some straw on top of the cage and even though the engineers proved that the cage cleaned the straw off while working a big boss (white shirt and tie) told them to put a cover over the top of the cage. The engineer told us to pull it off and throw it away. PS. i thought that agco had stopped fitting them. john

T__langan

I'm pretty sure they have quit putting them in. Our old '90 R50 never had that shield - I think they started putting them in at around Series II - don't know which year they stopped.

Dan

Jeff, We take them off and leave them off. We run the crops you do plus a few more. I want to say it was in about '95 or '96 that the company started leaving them off.