Combines Palouse Mishaps Photos

johnboy

coug fan You boys would harvest over a cliff. Do the auto-leveling ever fail on the new combinesIJ john

Coug_Fan

I have never heard of an auto-level ever failing. Most roll-overs are caused when the combine slides on a hill, then catches and flips over. There also have been cases of broken axels. The Gleaner rotaries are popular because they are like a Goat on hillsides. Even though they don't have leveling, they are low to the ground, have duals on the front, and rear wheel assist. With the engine over the rear wheels, they are better balanced. They will go places the machines equipped with leveling won't.

johnboy

Coug Fan, around here if the ground rises 100ft in a mile thats a hill 300ft and you are just about talking mountains.They are only babies compared to the Rockies. It's great to see your photo's so please keep them coming for us flat-landers. john

hank

Johnboy- I have some hillside pics in the John Deere photograph section that marvin just put in. There are two pics of a 1943 33 hillside pull machine that we restored, and two pics of a 7722 jd combine leveled out at 45%. I have that book that coug fan took the photos from, my gradparents gave it to me 20 years ago. It has alot of history of farming here in the northwest and some great pics.

Coug_Fan

Nice photos! Those Palouse hills make for some exciting shots. Beleive it or not, that book almost took a trip to the land fill. My neighbor had just got done cleaning out his shop and was unloading at the local waste transfer station when someone who knew him asked if he wanted the book.--Ray