People don't want cheap COVID supplies

Almost Eden

Almost Eden

Bean Stalker
I began making antibacterial wipes and hand sanitizer when the stores began running out. Customers kept asking where I got mine, so I started selling them in the store. Through A and B pricing, I noticed that the wipes and sanitizer only sold when I priced them higher than the average amount that people paid for Lysol and Purell. If you're trying to sell something similar and you're having a problem moving product, then jack up the price and see what happens.

Gardenry

Farm Hand
I can see that. I guess folks don't believe it will really work unless it's priced pretty high. Boutique goods are usually more expensive than retail anyway and it sounds like that's what you're running.

Almost Eden

Almost Eden

Bean Stalker
Boutique goods are usually more expensive than retail anyway and it sounds like that's what you're running.
I actually never thought of that, but it's an excellent point. I never thought of my business as a boutique, but I'd say many of the locals do. I think you've probably nailed it. Thanks for the insight!

Urban Homestead

Urban Homestead

Bean Stalker
It's the same way with masks in my experience. Customers were only interested in my handmade fabric masks when I raised the price of them. I originally tried selling them really cheaply, just because I thought it would help out. But there were no takers until I started charging more. It's like people think they aren't well-made if they're cheap.