Planning my spring garden

Digger

Digger

Golden Chicken
I'm sure I'm not the only one who keeps a good-sized family plot with a variety of vegetables in addition to the crops that I grow for sale. I'm getting an early jump on plotting things out. The temperature has been unusually warm this year, so I'm tempted to plant my seeds earlier than usual. What will you grow this spring in your family garden plot? Are you planning to make any big changes during the coming season?

Daddio7

I'm in north Florida so spring comes early anyway but this year is record with multiple 80F days already. I have a 100x100 garden and have collards and mustard growing as they are winter crops but have planted most of my summer seeds. I have garlic, onions (both sets and seeds),sweet potato slips, cantaloupes, watermelon, carrots, sweet corn, okra, cow peas, lima beans and strawberry plants. I have seed flats in my green house with tomatoes and peppers just about ready to set out. I also have fifty strawberry plants in pots in my greenhouse. Looks like the last cold night will be tonight so I will wait a few days before putting them outside. I have a large yard and recently cleared more. I just planted blackberry plants, figs, peach trees, pear trees, pomegranate, and hazel nuts.

I lost my potato farm in 1995 and became medicaly disabled in 2009. I have made a good recovery in the last few years and my wife has a well paying job now so I can spend a few bucks. Now I just have to keep the weeds at bay. I have a small Kubota tractor that needs an engine overhaul so this year I use my 1971 John Deere 3020 to work up the garden.

FarmHand

FarmHand

Golden Chicken
We usually do a food garden with a variety of veggies and herbs.

Potatoes
Squash
Zucchini
Onions
Carrots
Jalapenos or other peppers
Cilantro
Tomatoes
Etc

Nothing beats garden fresh veggies.