Combines Plugging walkers on Gleaner F

Jas

Make sure that your engine speed is what it should be. IF too slow corn cobs will plug the walkers. Had this problem on our CII. Speed the engine up to correct operating RPM and problem went away. Jason

buckeyegleaner

your key word is you have the screens on the walkers...if you laid them on top they will plug you must take the walkers out and insert them on the bottom then they will work,,have seen this before

Boss_Man

Buy a rotary. They don't have straw walkers.....one less headache for you.

Boss_Man

Buy a rotary. They don't have straw walkers.....one less headache for you.

tbran

Describe 'plugging', coating over, cobs sticking through the openings IJ

Davey_G

Plugging is cobs and sometimes pieces of corn stalk (upper stalk) sticking through opening resulting in trash,grain, and other material backing up behind it if left unchecked.

tbran

You may not have a walker problem. Start with basics. You should be able to shell the corn whole cob. Make sure cyl is level. Use half rounds if possible, 3 of them at position 1,3,5 Channels if worn will split the cob. Take the metal curtain over the raddle rotate it up to the rear, drill a hole in the rh side of the combine and insert a bolt and pin the curtain up out of the way. Make sure the eng RPM is correct. The air choke should be almost wide open. Make sure the choke does not have material built up behind it and will let it open to the stop screws. Make sure the splitter is properly oriented and putting the air blast to the walkers they need.

Dr_Allis

There are different engine speeds for different years of the "F". Also, just because the high idle may be correct, the governor must MAINTAIN that rpm within 100 to 150 rpm of high idle. Chevy gas engines with belt driven governor can easily get out of adjustment from just tightening a worn out belt too much. Also walkers should be within 2 inches of clear forward in my neighborhood, not clear back. No cob shield for the raddle either. Walkers should have risers (fishbacks) on them for corn, if not you'll have plugging. Even under the most perfect conditions, you'll still need to clean them occasionaly.

turkey

When I had my K2 the walkers started to plug with cobs. I finally found that the screens on top of the walkers came loose in several places which caused them to be off centered. Centered screens and secured them with wire and no more plugging. This might solve your problem.