Potluck dinners

Holii

Holii

Farm Hand
We were invited to a potluck dinner next weekend. What's your go-to dish for when you have to share it with others? The main meal is homemade macaroni and cheese. What would you take?

Nora

Nora

Farm Hand
I usually take a salad or dessert. I'm honestly not the best cook. I think my taste buds have changed as I've gotten older, so it's more difficult to tell whether something is seasoned appropriately.

Urban Homestead

Urban Homestead

Bean Stalker
I've never heard of having macaroni and cheese as a main dish. It's always been a side dish around here. I like the idea of switching it up though. I would probably take mashed potatoes, but would fancy them up with by adding some red onions, cheddar cheese, and bacon chips on top.

Emergency Cake

Emergency Cake

Farm Hand
I would take a dessert because I have a huge sweet tooth. There's a lot you can do with sweets this time of year. My favorite treats for potlucks are chocolate fudge bars and sugar plums.

BarkerB

BarkerB

Farm Hand
Ooh, a food topic! Love it! I would take scalloped potatoes and ham, that would partner well with macaroni and cheese. A lot of times I take macaroni salad or roasted potato salad.