Potted plants

Shelbii

Shelbii

Farm Hand
Anyone in the business here of selling flowers? We decided that we are going to try our hand at it this year. We are going to grow mums, tulips, hyacinths and lilies. Those seem to be the big sellers in our area.

Mayfield

Mayfield

Farm Hand
I think that is a great idea. My wife went looking today for a potted tulip to give to her mom for Easter. No store had one! She is going to go look tomorrow at a couple of different stores. I wish there were local farms here that had them right now.

TammiT

TammiT

Farm Hand
I think that is a great idea too. What are you going to do, plant a bunch of bulbs and then dig them up and put them into pots? We sell bouquets of wild flowers at our roadside stand.

Shelbii

Shelbii

Farm Hand
Well we were too late for tulips so we are waiting for mum season. We need to plan a bit more ahead but we didn't. We have the field worked up so it will be easy to plant. I think we will start from bulbs.

Ritar

Ritar

Farm Hand
Yes! We have been selling potted plants for years. The key is to start big! The more you plant, the more you will have to sell. I know it sounds funny to start big but it worked for us.