Combines Questions on a 404 Turbo in 7700

farny

If it is where the two oil lines go back into the block, it is just a couple of o-rings that need replaced. You can pull those two lines out, put new o-rings on them and be good to go. Our old 7700 was the same and now the 7720 has it also, waiting for the 9500 to start sometime soon. Fairly easy fix.

95man

The oil patch is where the exhaust manifolds meet, the 3 towards the operator and the 3 towards the fan end of the motor, it looks like there is a coupling linking the 2 together. That 6620 you have sounds nice, but like The Red said to your post, I think you're wanting a little too much, considering the market is now getting flooded with 9000 seriers machines. Do you also have a 7700 for saleIJ

JHEnt

Are you sure its oil and not deiselIJ Not sure of the exhaust setup on a 404 but on a 329 if there is oily liquid coming from the joint where the manifold and exhaust tubing starts it indicates a bad injector. That is one that opens at to low a pressure allowing way to much fuel to enter one cylinder. I have seen this on several used combines. My own 4400 had this problem until I replaced the injectors. When I had them tested I had several that were way to low opening pressure. Of course with a turbo there is always a chance of an internal oil leak in the turbo itself. Well good luck.

kinetic

We all know what your talking about Red. I think you speak for a lot of people when it comes to buying machinery on today's prices. It's tough! Regardless of the machine or price. We all have to live somehow too. What is the price of a new 9650 STS anywayIJ