Combines R 52 trans jammed

Hyper_Harvest_II

Bob, We have seen on several occasions the shift lever jam nut come loose and then the shift lever gets a real sloppy feeling to it. Kind of like 4-6" of lever movement before you feel anything being moved by lever. If this is the case,remove four screws from shift boot and you will see jam nut. You should be able to screw lever in tight and then tighten jam nut. You can also check cable ends for loose hardware but these should have locknuts on bolts. It has been hard for some to get used to the one lever set up. Pull lever to left and you have low with 1st gear forward and 2nd gear pulled back. High is to the right with 3rd gear forward and 4th gear pulled back. Shift cables should move instantly whether moving forward,back or side to side. Hopefully you will find something simpe. Hyper Harvest II

allisfarmer2

Brassring , had this happen to me, its the shifter cable holder under the boot. Wears out ,gets loose and makes it hard to shift.Easy fix. jl

Rolf

Yep R62 Jam nut got loose like Hyper said, and also found that the universal mount had broken its weld to bracket as well! fix up both and its been the best for years! Also pay to check if anyone has greased the hydro lever pivot point while your at it! ;) ( How many didn't know about oneIJIJ ;) )

brassring

yep the shifter set nut was loose and it did wreck the bracket under it took it all off welded it up and reinstalled, sure works nice now thanks for all the help, I knew I could count on you guys!! TKS. again Bob