Combines r 62

tbran

this is a twin turbo unitIJ If so you have governor problems assuming no fuel restrictions. The power of the v8 Deutz is awesome when gov drop is set right. Hey Dan, wasn't there some type of update on Gov. springs on these units or was that the nat asp versionsIJ Can't remember.I do remember out of desperation in MUD in Dec haveing the fuel pump station on the cell phone telling us how to add a little zip to a R62 with HP on the the low side. Can't remember details but it made the machine come alive. He kept saying over and over don't drop that little key...

Dan

How many reverse bars do you run and how are the chopper knifes or discharge beater paddles. Maybe it's about time for helicalsIJ I believe all the '94 R62's had 260hp wheather they had the Cummins or Deutz. I believe Tom has it on our web site where the hp stood as time went on. The only thing I have seen on the Cummins or Deutz that will cut raw power is junk in the hand pump check valve or a failing charge pump on the Cummins. Of course that is beyond the obvious like filters, hi idle speed, ect. Thats not saying you can't get pump tuned up so it will give you the snap you like to have in a combine. Most pump shops should know how to do that for you and if not than check around. Get the fuel specs. for pump from Gleaner service manual. I think with the hours on your machine and if your engine is a Deutz that it would be time for injector job, set valves again, check timing, pull pump to have it evened out and fine tuned. Be sure pump shop puts four spring governer setup in it for some had two spring and some had three spring. The Gleaner P_N for spring kit is in a bullitin back in '93 or '94 and the campaign was for the '93 machines. I have found two spring setups in later machines and the reason we were looking at them is because machine started a micro surge at high idle low load which would throw main drive belts. This governer spring deal I'm talking about is for the Deutz V8's. To answer your question are new machines stronger. Yes, in '00 we got 285 electonically controled ponys in the R62 and they are real nice. I think if you stuck your combine engine in you tractor you would find the governers to act similiarly. Its just that in a combine when shafts ect. slow up just enough it starts gulping up a bunch of power. Thats why everyone wants a governer setup that will respond as much as possible immediatly after rated load without being so responsive that engine starts surging. I think if the engine manufacture had the pump manufacture set these pumps to get mega torque rise within a short period after rated there would be many operators using up all the power and sitting right on the edge of the torque rise limit all day long. You see to get that mega torque rise very soon after rated the HP would go up also as you keep loading machine. Best thing to do is watch that rated load speed and run as close to it as what is comfortable.

big_orange

Had a 98 R-62 with 950 sep hours,only thing ever done was change straw spreader bearings.Run 4-4.5 mph with an 8-36 in 200-220 bu corn.Only bought a 20' table with it would handle 60 bu green stem beans at 5.5-6 mph.A 25' would be much better choice.You take care of a Gleaner and it will take care of you,just like any other brand.

T__langan

Check the grate materiel under the discharge impeller. Ours did the same thing and there was a gaping hole in the grate. The lighter husks and straw would float right over the hole, but cobs would fall through and end up on shoe. This condition really raises Hades with the accelerator roll lugs too. Fix it soon if that is your problem! Tom langan

tbran

you have an air problem. If one closes the top chaffer down and the air is set on 6 or 7 you will not get 'dirt or fines (fillings)' in the bin. You will have to verify this by visual inspection. Walk beside the machine and look at the material coming over the shoe. There should be NO material other than a few kernals of corn that can be seen coming off the end of the shoe. All material should be blown in a 'rooster tail' effect about 4-6" past the pacer boards. If you have material coming off in batches as the shoe shakes this verifies the lack of air. All material should be suspended via air blast except the heaviest cobs and or corn. 90+% of everything else should be blown out the top roof of the shoe housing and hit the chaff spreader.

NDDan

Hopefully it isn't oring in hub next to mainshaft support bearing (this could indicate mainshaft bearing out or going out). Anyones guess how easy it will come apart. If nut on end of shaft has been tight since day one and splines were coated with anti-seeze it should go well. The large nut is what holds everything on and under compression. We will usually remove a couple of the pins that lock sheaves together and then insert ready rod threw there and a plate across end of mainshaft. Tightening the rods up should pull first sheave off or the entire assembly. I think you can work your way in from there to locate the failed oring. Good luck