Combines R52 Feeder House floor kit

NDDan

Combine parts should be shipped somewhere out of the wife's viewing area. You don't need to cut it 20" forward on both sides but if your cutting a little loose why not go 20". Then when you bend floor down a touch it will be a very gradual bend. When you weld cut back together it will have barely moved 10 or 20" forward. On the '93 or newer machines you could cut four inches from back floor out and tuck it under existing floor by 3" which will shorten floor by 3". This shorter floor will allow material to drop down and get under rear feed chain much easier. The '92 and prior machines always had a floor that was shorter than newer machines by 2" and they never much more than shined up the galvanized filler plate. That plate is thick enough to last forever even if exposed to a little more friction. The '92 and prior machines were not perfect with a little shorter floor but that was because of other reasons. Can't quite figure what you mean by that 11" area.

Gleamer

Ok thanks, I think I was confusing the replacement floor from Agco in the question about 11" area... I think I see the point about the filler plate, it is there to keep the ocasional crop from finding a way out and generally lofts over this area. One question about shocks, how do you tell if they are worn out, small dead spot of 1_8 " the benchmarkIJ We have lateral tilt, is it better to remove the hyd hoses at the front cyliner or the valve when removing the feederhouseIJ Thanks, we will start in on it this weekend most likely and probably have more questions. Gleamer

NDDan

Don't think I have heard of any bad shocks yet and they have been standard for 15 years. We are only starting to see lots of lateral tilts. I would presume you could unhook them and they will not continue to leak.