Combines R52 production changes

Gleamer

R52 was the same as 50 thru 1995 except for cab and and the few that were spec'd with the cummins. 1996 and newer had updates as longer shoe, larger main shaft, large finals, Cummins as std engine and I think they hydro changed to separate pump and motor the same year. Only other thing I know of was the cab lighting went away from the dust catchers the same year. Does someone know if P3 rotor system was born in 96IJ

kw

I thought the P3 was in the small machine (r40_42 r50_52) right from the beginning.

NDDan

Back in the late '90s we started updateing the guys straight from their l2-l3s to R50s. We hadn't switched them into N6s for we hadn't figured out how to get the edible beans threw them at that time. Ends up the R50 was just the ticket. Worked quite well right out of the box. No more associated cylinder drive parts failing, now more thresher or seperator beaters wraping with straw or spliting beans, no more walkers plugging and bending ect. Then got time to switch from R50s to next size which meant the longer rotors. It took some struggling to figure out how to flow the straw in long rotor but we got it and then reflected some of this back to short rotor of R50-55s. Not to hard to make a real animal out of these small machines. Anything we figured out for edible beans just bumped up what machine could do in other crops.