Combines R62 upgrades

Dan

Silver Streak, If you buy the Gleaner cylinder bar extention kit you will have the bars you removed to use else where. You see with the Gleaner kit you remove the cylinder bars nearest the discharge and the long discharge bars to replace with longer cylinder bars and shorter discharge paddles thus you have the left over bars you removed to use elsewhere. Now with loewen cylinder bar discharge paddle combo you remove just the discharge paddle and replace it with the combo thus you don't touch the cylinder bars that were nearest to the discharge. With loewen kit you do not have left over or unused bars to use in place of reverse bars. The loewen bars are built in a way that stiffens the area between the last two cylinder heads or stars.You do not need to stack or shim the P3 channel helicals. The standard black iron helical is 1_2" high and chromed is about 5_8" high. It is very important in edible beans with hard to convey straw and slow cylinder speed that helicals are chromed and edges arn't rounded off. We have shimmed the field installed 68" pitch helicals by 1_8" with no problems in our area. The standard pitch helical in good condition does work fine and pitch or angle can not be changed. The steep 68" pitch shimmed or not shimmed could cause rotor loss in some crops and they are for the most part fastened to cage threw the 1"X1 1_4" holes in the cage which requires large OD 3_8" flat washers. It is normal for there to be presure on hydralic coupling between header and combine. Engine must be shut down to disconnect coupling. I think you need to replace coupling for that leak but I will let you know if parts are now available.I hope that all makes sense and clears it up for you. Dan

Silver_Streak

On an earlier post I read something about different pulley size for wobble box drive to regulate sickle speed. What is factory set sickle speed on the 400,What do you guys useIJ Is it my imagination or did the older N series just plain cut betterIJ Do you need to extend any helicals when you install the extended barsIJ Thanks Silver Streak

gaffer

The modified discharge bars are also manufactured by Sunnybrook and are available through your AGCO dealer. The part n is SBA0800D for black and SBA0805D for chrome.You do not need to stack the channel type helicals in the R62_72. There is a kit manufactured that uses the old style square helical but is bigger for aggression and also has the pitch increased over the concave to reduce the amount of material passing over the concave twice. Although we make this kit, it depends on your crops and conditions how much benefit it will be. Corn seems to benefit least, best results were in navy beans yanked out (roots and all). It works well in cereals.

Dan

Silver Streak, Just getting going after a five day flu bug so I'll try to get this right. Some 400 heads came out with a 8.346" OD rear drive pulley which would spin wooble box at 515 ppm. The standard series 3 head had a 9.843" OD and would spin the wobble box at 617 RPM. The 400 head soon got the larger pulley back but I believe that was mainly to try settle down vibration from wobble box not to do with cutting ability. I use the pulley that offers the least vibration at rated RPM. The faster sickle speed would maybe be more forgiving of dull cutting parts or poorly adjusted sickle. You don't have to extend any helicals when you extend your cylinder bars. Catch you later. Dan