Combines R75 no power Seperator grateIJ

IowaDan

What size cornheadIJ I'm assuming a 12 row. Anyway there are some other factors to consider. No. 1, I think some of these guys get to bragging about their ground speeds because I think 4 to 4.5 mph is plenty fast. I spend more time at 3.5 to 4 with my little R42. Another factor is if your corn is like mine, you are putting a lot of stalks and leaves in the machine besides the corn still being pretty high moisture which will make machine work harder. Just my opinion, Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving.

Rolf

Agree With ID! Dont think you have to run with others! Close front concave gap can take power, but you guys run it a bit diffrent in corn! Reverser bars will take power, I at least experiment with the last few acres you might have left with a couple reverser bars taken out and i think some guys just run no bars in where they take reverse out to help with rotor loss! Can highly recommend you try CDF rotor sweeps, might think it will turn it in to diarrhea out rotor, but a smooth even crop out discharge can be beneficial to reducing rotor loss. Rolf

NDDan

Had fellow dealer running out of power with a couple machines setup allmost identical to you. I suggested he removes rev bars if out of power. He did so over concave and next to discharge along with every other bar in seperator side. Just left the bars out. Power was back but to much loss out discharge in his opinion. less than 1% of yeild. Put foward bars in place of them missing over concave and kept tightening concave and seperator grate. Went from 40 kernals per running foot to 4 kernals. He was prepared with two bolt bars to install next to discharge in step pattern where four bolt bars are missing but no need to. Also suggested to him to lower front of sieve as far as possible to give max air to chaffer. That's all the info I have at this point but I figured for what it would take you might want to consider. Good luck Concave showed .4 and a mark up from MID. Concave clearance can vary depending on how well the EIP was calibrated. I would think a fisical exam would have concave near the average diameter of threshed cob at the rear.