Combines Removing cylinder bars

T__langan

We remove every other row. We leave all of them in over the threshing concave though since we do small grains and sometimes tough beans. I was concerned about removing half of the bars there whether we'd still get aggressive enough threshing. Removing every other row does not increase capacity. The idea is to use that (or the high-low bar setup) in combination with the F2 concave bars in the belly of the cage to allow room to tumble crop material and release grain that might have otherwise been trapped and thrown out. About the only capacity increase you might see is if the bars you remove are reverse bars. They eat horsepower. I have heard in the past that removing every other row the full width of the rotor helps to prevent cob breakup in corn. The CDF rotor has fewer rows so there might be something to it. Click on the Hyper Mods button on the left for more info.

NDDan

Talked to dealer a couple days ago that orders lots of floor kits. I figured he was in area where they remove every other row of bars. He said number one is to do floor job than remove every other bar from eight bar rotor. They remove every other bar in steggered pattern all the way accross rotor if corn is normally reasonably dry and if very wet remove every other in a line. He is just exstatic how these machines stack up against the latest of any color.