Combines Rotor speed creeps up

R_O_M

Hi Pengs5. Same problem. Never have figured out why! We are getting that mythical media animal called "average yields". Prices are terrible. Oh for a nice healthy subsidy from the "guvment". Cheers.

shopguy

Don't know if it is the case with yours, but we had that problem on an R62. Turned out to be the main bearing was going out. The shaft would pull up under load and speed the cylinder up. Other thing might be oil seeping into hub. Just things to check for.

tbran

Pull the spools and check for a broken spring, most likely system pressure from header master valve is getting through. Swap raise and lower poppets but not the seats. Also remove the speed up wire, we once had a harness shorted so as to partially energize the lower speed when the master closed, so it is not impossible for the opposite to occur.

sidekick

Careful what you wish for,that subsidy comes at quite a cost.When the gov'mnt pays your way,they think they can tell you how "things are done".

R_O_M

Thanks for the tip but our mob of assorted dingbat politicians and greens don't need an excuse to go after farmers. latest lurk, courtesy of the greens and city politicians is that farmers will not be allowed to pick up any dead wood on their own properties as it might affect the habitat of some wild life. If you can do better than this you do have some serious problems.

Hyper_Harvest_II

ROM, Shoot a deer out of season and the government will fine $1500 for shooting their deer. Hit one on the highway with your vehicle and the government wants nothing to do with helping pay for the damage. Some laws make you wonder. Hyper Harvest II

Pengs5

Thanks fellas. Hope just a mystery and not a bearing etc. All seems fine in main shaft. Its always done it the 10 yrs i've had it. Will check valve assembly. Wheat price is crap $150.00_ton . I'm struggling to make prime hard as screenings are hovering around 6% to 8% needs to be 5%. but not much price advantage this year so finding it hard to over blow some out as yielding good at 2 tons _acre. Dont know if any other machines can fine tune it like that.On purpose anyway. See how i go tomorrow might have to buy some more sheep to clean up over blow and than keep sheep instead of cropping. Wheat needs to be $200.00_ton plus. Dont get me started on politics especially our city centric ones that seem to have all the say. They seem to want to run after minority's and that is our only hope in that we are becoming a minority. Bye pengs5

tbran

farmers - ag producers in the US, are as of the last census at 1.9% of total - we are now an 'insignificant other' in the population per US GOV definition.

R_O_M

Cheer up my friends! Go and do some very heavy reading on the world's longer term food and water supply out looks. The depletion of the underground aquifers and surface water resources world wide, the loss of arable land due to urbanisation and the demands for even more grain for meat production as world living standards rise makes quite frightening reading, particularly if you are one of those city yobbos or jihadi greens who want to wipe farming out. After all, of what use are farmers. Food comes off of supermarket shelves doesn't itIJ The time scale is by about the middle of the next decade when the proverbial really hits the fan. If and when it does, if you are a grain grower, hang on for a very wild ride. You are going to be one of the very few to enjoy it! Cheers.

hunter

Only problem is the Club of Rome has been singing that same song for about 75 years and it ain't happened yet and is not very likely to happen given science and farmers propensity to use its fruits.