Combines rotor won t engage

wasgreen

Knowing what model combine you have will help a lot. The first thing that comes to my mind is low voltage. If the header engage solenoid has less that 9.75-10.00 volts it will stay engaged but will not re-engage if shut off. The separator is the same way. The first thing that comes to my mind is a bad alternator. When the alternator conks out on one of the 2388's we run, the machine will run for awhile and then the header and separator won't kick in anymore. Another thing to check is battery terminals. It wouldn't hurt to check the fuses but I don't think that is the problem. If the system voltage is OK and your fuses are OK, then you will have to turn into an electrical wizard. Get the wiring diagram for your machine and start tracing wires until your eyes get sore and your mind goes fuzzy. At first the system looks like a nightmare but be patient. After you play around with it for several hours it won't seem as complicated. Good luck and let us know what you find.

nebraska_farmer

dang!! i'm sorry!!..it's a 1440, guess that would have helped huhIJ. anyway, i just came back in from looking_hunting_head banging, after posting the first time, i went back out and found that i had lost all electrical, no fan,lights,wiper,radio,nothing. is there a curcuit breaker somewhere, all fuses are fine as far as i can tell, poking around with a test light. it had started to rain so i pulled it into the shed. if a battery goes bad, would that cause thisIJ i have yet to put a tester on the batteries. i replaced the secondary starter celeniod, that was my previous wouldn't start problem, i thank those in here that helped me with that problem! it's got me bam-boozeled!!

Ohio__Steve

Under the window on the right hand side of your cab , there is a large panel held in place with big headed screws. Take that off and inside you will find a solenoid just like your secondary starter solenoid which controlls the cab circuits. Since you have lost all cab electric would suspect it is bad or there is a bad connection in that area. good luck

handyman

Check your altnator. I lost all my electric hydraulics and putting a new one one solved my problems. Check your volt guage...that will tell you if its working or not.

farmer_d

check your key switch too. We had problems with that in our 1660 and it was doing something similar. Going down the ield and the separator would just shut off. Took some looking, but it was the key switch