So we're infested

Pinewood Acres

Pinewood Acres

Farm Hand
Our home is infested with fleas. Nothing has worked to get rid of them and I'm at my wits end! We've tried bug bombs which only seemed to make the fleas more aggressive. We hired an exterminator who came out and sprayed, but we still have fleas! A ton of fleas. This has never happened to us before. Our pets are always treated with flea medicine, but I guess it didn't work as well this year. We keep a clean house, so it's not like that's the problem. What can we do to get rid of them?

Urban Homestead

Urban Homestead

Bean Stalker
Oh, that sounds rough! Maybe trying multiple approaches is the key to getting rid of them. You could have the exterminator come again, put down some dichotomous earth along the places they're most likely to hide, and set a shallow bowl on the floor with some water and dish detergent in hopes they'll drown themselves. You need to vacuum every day and change all the bedding about every other day.

MichaelS

MichaelS

Farm Hand
Oh no! We had this problem once but the exterminator fixed the problem. Did he spray outside too? A lot of times you carry them in from outside and then they breed again!

pseag

pseag

Farm Hand
Vacuum and throw out the bag every single day! You should also comb out your pets each day to take any fleas off of them. I would have the exterminator come back again, sometimes it takes more than once.