Spooked by firecrackers?

Digger

Digger

Golden Chicken
How do your animals handle the loud whistles and pops? I usually turn mine out to pasture during the day, but I keep them up during the first week of July out of fear that they'll run off or get injured while trying to escape the "threat". I might be overreacting though. I've observed them, and while they don't seem to like the noise, they also don't appear to be panicking. I don't want to risk it though.

Holii

Holii

Farm Hand
I really have never had any problems with the animals and fireworks. We don't let them off on the farm though. We can hear some but not very good. We are surrounded by farms.

Grower

Grower

Farm Hand
It's better to take precautions since dogs can get scared of fireworks that there's no reason farm animals won't too. They might also get stressed if they remain confined and unable to seek cover.

OhSusanna

OhSusanna

Golden Chicken
This is the first year that we've had issues. We normally try to desensitize the animals beforehand, but this year I let it slide. They hear gunshots all the time when people are out hunting, so I figured it would be okay. Nope. Our new calf panicked and got caught in the fence while trying to escape. Her reaction spooked the others. Thankfully, they're all okay.

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
I've never had livestock afraid of fireworks, but some of my dogs don't like it. I've had a few dogs that were very afraid of it. I don't like fireworks myself. What creates all of the colors in foreworks are heavy metals and those heavy metals fall to the ground and are a source of pollution. I don't mean to be a party pooper, but fireworks aren't very good for the environment.

Urban Homestead

Urban Homestead

Bean Stalker
@RichZ, same here! My chickens and goats aren't bothered, but my dogs and cats are terrified of them. I could swear the goats are laughing at the dogs sometimes when they hide.