Combines staw plug cooler inside Deutz on r62

Dan

Hi Doc and thanks Rolf for testimonial on liquid cooled machine. The air cooled does vary some from liquid cooled and we have had very little trouble keeping them clean. The air cooled uses less air to keep cool so there is less vacuum inside rotary screen area thus less chaff gets sucked by the saw tooth shaped blades on rotary screen. Gap between saw tooth blades must be as close as possible to side wall without touching and if you place foam stripping there you will need enough gap so some wobble of rotary screen won't dig into foam. A slight rub of blades to foam will wear foam to nice clearance. I alway run the machine at hi idle and over rouch terrain before going to the field to be sure blades won't grap foam to hard. If you hang the 40" belting under where radiator would be it would fasten to the 1_4" bolts that hold perferated panel in. I question how much good that belting would be on air cooled machine although it would help prevent hot engine air from recycling back threw the engine again. I would install the front belting to prevent straw from going around the front stripper and getting back onto the screen. You would have to cut to straddle the batterys which are in the way on the air cooled machines. You could seal belting tight to inner and outer panel on air cooled for the screen isn't hinged to gain access to radiator. Be sure to keep battery connections clean and tight to prevent any hot spot in the event that some more than usual chaff sits on batterys. I do have a friend out west of me that did install these things on some air cooled machines and he is putting more on for it works. Good luck. Dan

wheatwacker

I too have trouble with screen plugging on 95 R62. had dealer out still no fix...Would try belting onscreen if it would help. Any other ideasIJIJIJIJIJIJIJIJIJIJIJIJIJIJIJIJ

Dan

If it is your rotary screen that is plugging do the belting trick. When the wind is just right and massive amounts of chaff is flying around rotary screen area the screen will stay very very clean. I mean night and day difference and it is very easy to do. Hope that helps. Dan