Combines stripper head on N6

Silver_Bullet

Here's a comparison from my experience. I had an R50 and a friend of mine has an N7. Our headers interchanged so I would think that a head that has been on an R50 should go right on to your N6. On the Shelborne adapter plate, there may be a plate to shut off part of the opening for the narrower R50 feederhouse. If there is, that would need to be removed for your machine. From what I have seen with using stripper heads, spreading straw is not a concern as very little straw goes through the machine. Since Gleaner has a great chaff spreading system, that is not a factor, either. Should work just fine. Good luck

peteguy

I guess it comes down to how big of header are you comfortable with, and what speedIJ the N6 came with up to 30 ft wheat heads, so if one factors in less material coming through with the stripper head, one would have to go bigger or faster to make up for it. Shelbourne makes a 28 foot, so I would say take that, and haul butt, but we havent ever used one, so I couldnt really tell you.

jbull

I have seen a Shelbourne 32 ft.advertised in Tractorhouse, but Shelbourne's website recommends 28-32 ft. for R-72's. Our N6 has a 27' rigid. Also wondering what these stripper heads weighIJ John

Silver_Bullet

Either a 24' or a 28' Shelborne would work on the N6 especially in 30-50 bu. wheat. I run a 25' Massey stripper on a '98 R62. Can run 5 mph in 60-70 bu. wheat. Horsepower becomes a limiting factor. I run flat out 7 or more in 30 bu. wheat, easy. Strippers are a little heavy. A 28' on an N6 will make it a little light on the rear end when going down a hill.