Sudden changes in temp

Pinewood Acres

Pinewood Acres

Farm Hand
Do these sudden changes in temperature that we're experiencing in the Midwest harm the livestock? It's been a while, but I remember that the weather used to change gradually. It would slowly grow colder. Now it seems more like an overnight change. I wonder if it's a shock to the system.

Almost Eden

Almost Eden

Bean Stalker
I know I feel awful when the air pressure, humidity level, and temperature start shifting suddenly. It does something to my sinuses. I haven't noticed any problems with my chickens or goats though.

Henderson

Henderson

Golden Chicken
My chickens and ducks have wound up lethargic and just not seeming with it a time or two when there's been a sudden swing in temperature. I just make sure to keep a close eye on them and give them some extra high energy rations. They always go back to normal within a few days.

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
I've never had any problems with changes in temperature with any of my livestock. I make sure they all have a good draft free barn to go into if they want to. I think that protects them from feeling the effects of sudden temperature changes.

pseag

pseag

Farm Hand
I have never noticed any change in my animals with the weather change. I mean, I notice more or less hair but that is it. I wonder if the weather does affect them. That's an interesting topic.

Farmallh

Farmallh

Golden Chicken
I have not noticed anything different with the animals either. We have had some crazy weather too. It sure affects us but I really have not seen any change in their temperament or health.