Tacking on survival courses or camping

Birdie

Golden Chicken
Have you guys thought of ways to expand your agriculture business into the educational and recreational industries? We have recently moved and I'm still getting my feet under me in this new market, but I could see myself finding success teaching foraging and camping skills. I don't think it would fall under agrotourism, since I wouldn't be teaching about growing crops or raising livestock or building on farming skills in any way. Do you think something like that could find success in the right market or is it too different from farming to get involved with?

OhSusanna

OhSusanna

Golden Chicken
I think you could incorporate a survivalist business into your farm or garden plan if you want to. You could teach visitors how to grow medicinal herbs and mushrooms. You could show visitors how to pick the best camping spot on wild land. It sounds like you have some good ideas.

BarkerB

BarkerB

Farm Hand
That sounds interesting but I would make sure there was a market for those items in your area. I mean you could put your feelers out and see if you get many bites. I wouldn't spend a lot of money until I knew if there was interest.