Combines TBran NDDan 6195 tractor question

NDDan

likely switch on the side is not getting completely compressed at times. Have someone run the lever in cab. look on top of housing for the spool that moves up and down. Commom for dirt to build under it so spool don't go all the way back down. Also make sure the lever that hooks to cable is pivoting freely. lube up the bushings and lever in cab should snap down when everything is free to move. Good luck

Gleamer

ok thanks, will take a look. Also it's throwing codes 32, 33,36, 37,38 and understand some of these are sylenoids on the tranny. Is there something to look for up thereIJ I plan on taking the cover off the tranny and checking connections on everything in there just to make sure we dont have a corroded connection. This tractor has 3900 hours on it and see many with 6-8000 hours, is it possible for the spool on top or the plunger that goes across to have wear that would require pulling the cab off to get at to fixIJ Just wondering if this has been an issueIJ Thanks again Gleamer

NDDan

When it throws them errors it is very likely the controler. Before replacing controller which you would need dealer to program you should clean and tweak a couple connections. Find controller in front of tin kick panel in front of clutch and brake pedals. The connection is the top one in front of clutch kick panel. Pin 1 and 16 are the main currant feed to module. Find yourself something to very carefully clean them pegs. Then put just a touch of a bend in the pins and us a bit of connection helper on them pins. Do not use excess connection helper. Something like a copper colored paste but just coat the pins. No worry about pulling cab for anything. I presume park was working and no one had slamed in while moving. Even if park pawl was broke I think disengaging it from outside should let you roll. If park pawl was broke it would require spliting tractor.

Gleamer

Thanks for the next step to trouble shoot, will go there next. The P brake itself works fine, it will dis engage like supposed to and roll freely and dont think anything is broken mechanically, seems like an electrical glitch. Would dielectric grease(clear) be good for the connectionIJ

NDDan

Yes that should be good as long as there is no corrosion or crust on them pins. look very carefully at them pins to see if they are discolored compared to the rest. A fair amount of currant needs to feed the TCM threw them pins and there is basically no way to tell exactly how much voltage is getting into module. Believe me I've been there in the middle of the night with tractor lifting beets.

Gleamer

Everything led to the control module, in talking to our dealer he sugested testing the box with the ohm meter, I pulled out the box and used the test page he made a copy of. 4 pins of 16 in top connector had no reading at all, 3 pins in the bottom had no reading at all, all other pins were spot on what they were supposed to be but I guess one pin being dead would be enough to goof things up I suppose. This thing has given us problems off an on for the last year. It is an expensive fix but I would rather deal with this than chasing an unknown wire harness problem.. Makes me wish we had 6 speed and 3 speed box in front. Progress is great till is stops working. I see these tractors out on the net with 8-10 thousand hours on them. Does it take 2-3 control modules to get that farIJ We will probably install and do the set up procedures ourselves, dealer is willing to give us all the info, push a few bottons on the display here and there and let is sync up. Is there anything we need to watch forIJ TIA Gleamer

jbirnsch

Can you get access to the printed crcuit board in the control moduleIJ You may have a fractured solder joint on that dead pin. It will look soldered but under a microscope there will be a circular crack in the solder all the way around the pin causing intermittent connection. If it is potted in epoxy then all you can do is replace the module. Jason

Gleamer

Your thoughts are correct but the board has 7 pins than do not have a reading that should have in addition to a few that should read open. It's toast, looking forward to the new board and getting our tractor back in operation. One payment left this fall, pretty hard to look forward to if it isnt working. Gleamer