Combines Test cutting is going to start here

The_Red

Good luck and hope the cutting goes smooth. Yep I get fired up to run beans in the fall. We only have about 75 acres of soft red wheat to cut. Jeff and his brother Craig will fight over who is going to run the combine in a couple of weeks. I don't even try to ask. I wait until fall when I can cut during the week while they are at work. Grandpa Ernie has no plans to run the combine this fall so I'll be busy!!!!!

Deerebines

RainIJ what the heck do you mean rainIJIJ I ain't seen rain for so long I forgot what it was. We havn't had any rain here....all we keep getting is black and blue skies with lightning and thunder and whoosh....it's gone. Didn't want what they had south of us though the other nite. Golf ball size hail. I know the wheat ain't worth much but I want to cut a little this year. ONly wheat we've taken up this year so far was last years seed wheat supply out of the grain bins this morning. Some ppl cutting around here but not many. Ours is still got soft kernals in it. Pop is thinking tomorrow but I've got Doc appt in the morning and court in the afternoon so my day will be shot in the rear till towards late afternoon_evening. I'm beginning to think I would of been money ahead to own something besides a deere. Those idiots!!!!!! Of all the light steel they used to make that machine and the cracks I'm having to weld and put plates on is driving me nuts. I've got the front drum tore out of the feederhouse right now so I can weld the cracks around those front bolts that lower or raise the drum for either corn or small grains. Found a filter today that they had a line pressed against and it was rubbing a hole in it. Dug the old inner tube out and cut a piece out and taped it around the line to try and save it. I'm scared to death to think how much more they cheapend up those 50 series or sts'. I think I have owned my last combine.....least till I can afford to trade every year. I think close to 2000 hours and these machines are worn out. My clean grain chain is almost shot......same with the return grain and same with the feederhouse chain. links are just plain loose. I didn't realize I'd have to dump so much money in this machine....I thought it was basically ready to go. I am sick! Gotta go......Going to dig through the shoupe book tonite and see what they want for clean grain and return grain chains. Feederhouse chain will run awhile longer. I sure don't want one of those breaking and piling up on me. Have a good one---I'm not!---Deerebines

johnboy

Deerebines,sounds like you had a bad day. it's not only green that breaks,anything that has a nut nut and bolt will wear out and break usually at the worst time. hope to-morrow is a better day. john

Deerebines

Your right John It's just that today I happened to be intensly working on the green machine instead of one of the others. This will make two days in a row that have been crap and tomorrow I have court......oh, that ought to be good. They say everything comes in 3's. :-( Around 165 bucks for the clean grain chain if I remember right and around the same for the return give or take. I can order them out of abilene Machine in the morning and have them here friday ups. Monday my new accumulator gauge from northern should be here and then by monday aft I should be ready to go........I hope! Pop's going to try and start tomorrow. I told him I'd just run the cart then because I'm going to be a few more days now before I'm ready to go......he just shrugged his shoulders and said "whatever". That was comforting at least to not get a royal ripping because I wasn't ready. I'm hoping on a better week next week. So far this one has been the pit's...........I really am thinking I better go to church once sunday. It's been awhile. You all have a good one----I've had enough bad for all of us for awhile. Deerebines