Thoughts on second relief package

Farmallh

Farmallh

Golden Chicken
I do believe that the next stimulus package has been approved. Has anyone read what is in it? I've seen bickering and complaining on Facebook about it. I saw that it will extend federal unemployment of $300 and a direct payment to people (requirements of course) of $600.

Jack L

Jack L

Farm Hand
Any extra money in the pockets of Americans is a good thing. This virus didn't really effect me financially, so I don't have a dog in this fight. If I did though, I would spend it wisely.

Nora

Nora

Farm Hand
$600 does seem a bit stingy when so many are struggling. That small amount won't even cover rent for most people. However, I do agree that it's a good idea to phase out checks for those who have the funds to make it on their own. I won't be getting a check and I think that's fair. My husband and I are older people who have benefited enough from various programs over the years.

Smarty Plants

Smarty Plants

Farm Hand
If a couple is married do they both get $1,200 each or does the couple as a whole get $1,200? If it's the former, then it seems odd to punish single people by giving them less aid. That trap will snare single mothers and fathers as well.

FarmEnthusiast

FarmEnthusiast

Farm Hand
$600 does seem a bit stingy when so many are struggling. That small amount won't even cover rent for most people. However, I do agree that it's a good idea to phase out checks for those who have the funds to make it on their own. I won't be getting a check and I think that's fair. My husband and I are older people who have benefited enough from various programs over the years.
Now we are talking about $2,000, which is a significant sum, and it would be great to see this becoming a reality. Politics aside, we need to see more money getting into people's pockets!

MichaelS

MichaelS

Farm Hand
I agree that we need to help the people that we're affected by the virus (lost job). I don't think people that had no change to their situation should get the money. Politics aside, where will the money come from?

Desi

Desi

Golden Chicken
Well it looks like we will all be getting that $2000. Well that is true if you believe our President-elect Biden. If the Democrats win Georgia we will be sending that out.