Tomatoes in!

Mayfield

Mayfield

Farm Hand
We finally got our tomato plants planted. It's been a wonderfully hot week with no signs of frost at night. We planted several varieties this year and I'm going to track to see the difference. We are new to planting many tomato plants. We usually just plant one type for our own consumption.

FaithBean

FaithBean

Farm Hand
Last year, our family planted a variety called Early Girl that ripen sooner than the other tomatoes. It was really nice having some ready to eat a bit earlier than what we are used to! :)

Charli

Farm Hand
Congrats on getting them in! We usually plant ours right after Memorial Day. We have had great weather here lately so maybe we will try to get them in this weekend. We always do a couple of different varieties. Usually it's Big Boys and Early Birds (or something similar).

Did you plant grape or cherry tomatoes too? I prefer grape, they are sweeter.

Henderson

Henderson

Golden Chicken
I took the thread title to mean that you were already harvesting tomatoes. I figured you were a greenhouse grower or something and was about to be jealous. I'm craving garden fresh tomatoes, and we still have a ways to go before they'll be ready. I hope we all have a productive harvest this year! @Charli, which variety of grape tomatoes do you recommend?

Mayfield

Mayfield

Farm Hand
We planted both cherry and grape!
No but I wish they were ready. It's time for the hard work, weeding, watering, etc.. I love garden fresh vegetables and I can't wait for them to be ready.