Combines TR 96 Hydro speed settings

tr

I have a tr96 1990 model. It only goes 15.5 mph, but it is 4-wheel drive. I 've been told that limits it. does yours have a mud hog on itIJ I've adjusted the hydro and cable six ways from sunday and haven't been able to get any more speed out of her. I'm not as slow as yours, I can run 7.1 in 3rd gear which is fast enough but I would like more road speed. I'm not much help. sorry.

tribe1

No 4wd. I heard this spring from a farmer who had a new JD swather that he had a tech come out to help him make some adjustments to the new machine. He said that it pulled to one direction and the tech noticed that right away and mentioned that that could be fixed. I believe he made some adjustments to the final drives. While he was at it, the farmer asked whether he could make some speed adjustments, and he said he could. Turned it up as fast to top speed adjustment. Farmer said he got a small boost in speed from original, and they got the pull to one side fixed. I wondered if there wasn't a similar adjustment on the NH combine.

tv140

Talk to your dealer. There is an adjustment on the hydro pump itself. Then they can adjust the cable to compensate. This is a very common complaint on the TR combines.

cnhtek

Try your hydro in third gear, you should get 6-7 MPH, check this with a GPS or annother vehicle if possible, just to make sure the moniotor is accurate. if it is lower than that, make sure your engine RPM is up to par, use a didgital tach don't rely on the monitor. if the engine Rpm is set to max and the speed is still low, there are a few possiblities, but they are all part of the hydro, like one person here had said, you can adjust the cable to compensate but I wouldn't recommend that, as you will disable the neutral safety, you will be unable to obtain neutral in the saftey slot tha is. the first thing I would check is the hydro pressure releif setting, by putting a guage in the motor at the a and b ports for for ward and reverse, holding the brake at high RPM and moving the hydro full forward, you should get 7000 PSI. if it is low the multifunctiuon valves are shot, if it is normal the hydro needs to be rebuilt or the feedback linkage in the control valve is binding, keep in mind tha tif the linkage is binding neutral should be difficult to obtain. good luck.

tribe1

Is there any adjustment that can be made at the Hyrdo Speed Range control valveIJ It does indicate an Adjusting screw. I wasn't even aware of such a valve, but I discovered this in an online TR96 parts catalog. Thanks for your input.

cnhtek

I am a tech at a rather large dealer and I have never heard of such an adjustment, if you can get me some details on how this is done I'd appreciate it. The only adjusting screw on the contol valve that I know of is to fine tune the neutral settings.