Combines tr 99

NHD

I'll start with a few suggestions as to what to look for. To give you an idea about how I know about some of the things to check I am now running my 3rd TR-99. The latest one is the best of about twelve TR-96's thru TR-99's that I have owned. The first one was bad and the 2nd one was the worst. Most all of mine were 1-3 years old when I got them. We run wheat, barley, oats, soybeans and corn. Most of the problems were caused by how they were operated and maintained by the original owners. 1. The biggest problem is the bubble-up auger. Several updates have been installed. Be sure you have the latest and that there is NO vibration. Be sure the auger tube braces are tight and bolt holes are not enlarged. Don't worry about the large ring around the outlet of the auger, especially if you have a bin extension. Just leave it off. 2. It MUST have a stainless steel liner it the bottom of the grain bin. look for leaks around where the bubble-up auger comes into the bin. 3.Check to see that the friction pads on the hydrastat handle are holding the handle in position without you having your hand on it. If it is slipping back to neutral that puts a tremendous strain on the hydrstat and the couplings and the entire system, especially when you might be going on the road at about 16 mph. NH always used leather pads for friction on this handle. some of the TR-99's had plastic in there and it does NOT work. 4. There are stainless steel baffles that go on the exhaust manifold to prevent chaff from collecting dust and catching fire. Especially on very windy days in soybeans. These are a MUST. 5. the remaining things to look for are mostly wear items and just need to be checked and evaluated. The clean grain elevator chain may be worn badly. Some were some were not. look for worn places on the elevator doors and on the funnels to the elevators. Feederhouse chain should not be worn much. Front drum bearings should be ok. I assume this is a corn combine w_round bar concaves. The top rotor covers need to be checked for wear thru holes. I have a 30' HoneyBee draper that I just love.not many things to check. Canvases need to be running straight w'out rubbig the sides. The center canvas has a different tensioning deal. Make sure both sides have a tensioning bolt w_spring in place. The Pto shaft that drives the header hydraulic pump seems to wear u-joints faster than usual. Be sure that the set screws that keep the hyd. pump so the pto is straight are tight. In fact I drilled a hole thru both pipes and put a bolt in it so the pump mechanism can't giggle down and cause big problems. I have no problems w_ the HoneyBee. All in all I think you have a great combination, and it ought to give you many hours of trouble free use. The TR-99's w_295 HP are high capacity machines. We run the rotors faster than recommended and get more cappacity. Good luck!!

NHD

Can you hear the fuel pump runningIJ It most likely lost its prime. Hand pump up the fuel pressure.