Combines tr97 fuel problem

TwinRotor

Check all the fittings and lines for leaks. Tighten all the couplings and whatever else you can find that has fuel running through it.

tv140

which engine do you have IJ Ford 7.8l or Genesis 7.5l. I believe that there is a check valve built into the fuel filter head. Check with your dealer for sure. If not, New Holland has a check valve that you can install in the fuel suction line to cure this problem. You might have to look in the TX66 parts section to find this check valve.

dfy

it's the genisis engine.but we've changed the filter base 3 times and put a check in the supply line.

scooter

I have a TR 89 which after it is in storage for a while staarts fine and then dies. I have to crank it w hile and then it starts. My guess it is the same problem. Will ask my dealer about it- he the chief machanic is raal good.

dfy

It is the exact problem. NH changed the fuel filter base 3 times, put a check valve in the supply line. We found that the O ring on the supply side of the transfer pump was too small to fill the groove, so we filled it with caulk, let it dry , then tightened it up. Thoght that we had it fixed, but it still does it, although not as bad. They were going to put a electric pump on the tank,but they never came back.

kiwi

We have a TF44. Had a similar problem. I guess it can happen to any motor drawing from a low fuel tank. One thing to check is the condition of the small flexible hoses on the injector return pipes. That's where our problem was. We also installed an electric lift pump low on the side of the machine. End of problem. The pump was an off the shelf 12v pump from an autoelectrician.

scooter

IO talked to my dealer today. Very good dealer and very good mechanic. He said that is the nature and no one has found out reason why. Just push the primer pump a few times and he said it should take right off. Sorry- not a lot of help, but if true maybe save some time chasing it down.

newholland

Our Tr89 would not start after the first winter in storage. Well, it would start, then die. We found a small hole in the fuel line on top of the tank, under the rear deck. There is a plate to take off where the hose connects to the tank. Remove the plate, unhook the fuel line, and plug it, or have someone plug it with a finger. Remove the other end of the line from the filter, and put some suction in it. This can taste bad, but you should be able to put suction on the hose, plug it with your tounge, and feel the suction hold. If not, it is drawing air from a small hole in the line. We pulled ours out, found the hole, cut the line at the hole and put a hose splicer in. That fixed it. Good luck.

Trking

There is a check valve that goes in the injection pump return line.