Trouble getting supplies?

MartyR

Farm Hand
Is anyone else having trouble getting livestock supplies in a timely manner? I've noticed that the feed store carries fewer options than it did before the pandemic started, and sometimes I walk in and see bare shelves. When I order supplies online they are often late due to shipping delays.

pullbehind

Is anyone else having trouble getting livestock supplies in a timely manner? I've noticed that the feed store carries fewer options than it did before the pandemic started, and sometimes I walk in and see bare shelves. When I order supplies online they are often late due to shipping delays.
Called monday about buying a perfecta 12 plow was told from the salesman that he could put me on a list and earliest would be april before the next delivery. It's going to get much worse.

MartyR

Farm Hand
April 2022? Wow! I'm glad to know that it's not just me, because I was beginning to think I must be going crazy, but I hate to hear that you need to get on a waiting list in order to score that plow. That's just ridiculous.

Henderson

Henderson

Golden Chicken
I had to go to four stores to find the filter I needed. I'm just glad the last one had it. I'm hoping to make it through harvest season without any problems that need fixed right away. I'd hate to find out that a part I needed was on back order.

Ritar

Ritar

Farm Hand
Yes! For us it has mostly been equipment supplies (not feed). 6 month lead times for some parts to come to fix a tractor. It's crazy!

Katie

Katie

Farm Hand
I've heard that it's impossible to find Ivermectin horse paste on the shelves because so many people are buying it up to treat the coronavirus. Still, you'd like to think that stores would stay on top of the demand, even if its use is misguided.

The Big Cowhuna

The Big Cowhuna

Golden Chicken
@Katie, I noticed that. I can't even find it online at the moment. Thankfully, there are other antiparasitic meds out there. I hope its popularity doesn't lead to a problem like we have with the overuse of antibiotics.