Combines TSR Choppers

John_W

Here is a link to TSR parts who sell the choppers for CIH and Deere combines.

bob

we just finnished installing 2 tsr choppers on 66 series combines, not hard at all just took some time (2 people ~1 day_ combine) bought them from

bob

we just finnished installing 2 tsr choppers on 66 series combines, not hard at all just took some time (2 people ~1 day_ combine) bought them from

kelly

I installed a tsr choper this fall. Watch for chopper blades flying off they will go through the floor of the combine right under the engine and into the oil pan, and there is also two hydralic lines under the motor that can get damaged with the blades also. check the blades every morning for worn ones if you don't want your combine to look like swiss cheese. I understand there were some bad bolts used to secure the hammers. the bolts used to secure the hammers are wearing in two.

kelly

Posted by KEllY on September 01, 2002 at 10:01:03: E-mail address: klozensky@srt.com In Reply to: TSR chopper posted by bob on July 17, 2002 at 12:36:31: I JUST INSTAllED A TSR SWINGING HAMMER CHOPPER IN MY 1995 2188 THIS YEAR. I HAVE ONlY USED IT TO HARVEST CANOlA. IT DOSEN'T SEEM TO TAKE ANY ADDITIONAl HORSEPOWER DOES AN EXCEllENT JOB AT CHOPPING. MY MACHINE DIDN'T HAVE A FACTOY CHOPPER SO I PUCHASED THE TSR GEARBOX AND THE WHOlE UNIT. IT CAME WITH EVERYTHING BUT THE BElT TO DRIVE THE CHOPPER WHICH YOU CAN GET FROM YOUR DEAlER. AT $2965.50 THIS IS A lOT CHEAPER THAN A FACTORY UNIT. IT HAS A SMAllER DRUM THAN THE FACTORY SO YOU HAVE MORE ClEARANCE FOR PUSHING CANOlA MUSKRAT PIlES THROUGH IT WITHOUT PlUGGING. IT IS A FAIRlY SIMPlE JOB EVERYTHING JUST BOlTS RIGHT IN WITHOUT ANY MODS TO ANYTHING. MAIN CONCERN IS GET THE DRIVE STAIGHT WHEN INSTAllED YOUR ROTOR DRIVE ON TOP OF THE NEW DRIVE TOWER. AlIGN BOTH STATIONARY HAlVES OF YOUR ROTOR DRIVE AND YOUR ROTOR DRIVEN PUllEYS TO ENSURE YOU WIll HAVE THEM RUNNING STAIGHT AND TRUE. YOU WIll WANT TO HAVE TWO EXTRA GUYS THERE WHEN YOU GO TO PUT IT IN. IT IS VERY HEAVY AND THREE GUYS MAKE IT EASY TO HANDlE. SO FAR VERY HAPPY WITH IT. GOOD lUCK -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Follow Ups: I have posted what I think of the tsr chopper before and on numerouse times all I had to say was how well this thing worked. I was simpley putting out a warning to prevent any seriouse machine damage due to the bolts. The tsr chopper is excellent. There was just a problem with some bolts on a select few choppers and when notified of the problem tsr was quick to correct it. From what I understand they are sending new bolts to any one that recieved the faulty ones. I have put in the third set of bolts and these ones seem to be working fine. No more holes in my combine. The tsr chopper was not to blame. If any one is to blame it should be the bolf mfg. They seem to stretch and loosen up so the cam wears it in two. That has been my only problem with it and it has been corrected and no cost to me. I am very happy with the chopper and never said that I didn't like it. Just preventing some machine failure. If you are considering direct seeding start this fall and the first thing to do is to install a tsr chopper. It dosent chop the straw it turns it to dust. I was in some 45 bushel wheat and the tsr choppper combined with the case curved steel spreader bats I had a dust tail 30' wide behind my combine you couldn't see dirt. the ground was covered in yellow dust from the wheat. I haven't tried it yet but I think it will chop flax straw good enough to get my drill through it next spring. feel free to email me for some pictures of how well this thing chops. will be starting flax sometime this week. I think it will work and if it does I will have the only combine in the county that can chop flax. I recently tried out a cat 480 with the clause chopper and it had a 39' head and it laid a windrow about ten feet wide and four inches thick behind that combine. my axial flow right alone side it you couldn't even see any remains of wheat after it went through that combine. In the day when it is dry you don't even know that you have it inside you combine. You notice some power consumsion when it gets tough or going through green but that is to be expected. even green grass along feild edges it chopps that up and turns it to dust. contact me in about a week if you would like to stop harrowing and burning your flax straw.

kelly

Posted by KEllY on September 01, 2002 at 10:01:03: E-mail address: klozensky@srt.com In Reply to: TSR chopper posted by bob on July 17, 2002 at 12:36:31: I JUST INSTAllED A TSR SWINGING HAMMER CHOPPER IN MY 1995 2188 THIS YEAR. I HAVE ONlY USED IT TO HARVEST CANOlA. IT DOSEN'T SEEM TO TAKE ANY ADDITIONAl HORSEPOWER DOES AN EXCEllENT JOB AT CHOPPING. MY MACHINE DIDN'T HAVE A FACTOY CHOPPER SO I PUCHASED THE TSR GEARBOX AND THE WHOlE UNIT. IT CAME WITH EVERYTHING BUT THE BElT TO DRIVE THE CHOPPER WHICH YOU CAN GET FROM YOUR DEAlER. AT $2965.50 THIS IS A lOT CHEAPER THAN A FACTORY UNIT. IT HAS A SMAllER DRUM THAN THE FACTORY SO YOU HAVE MORE ClEARANCE FOR PUSHING CANOlA MUSKRAT PIlES THROUGH IT WITHOUT PlUGGING. IT IS A FAIRlY SIMPlE JOB EVERYTHING JUST BOlTS RIGHT IN WITHOUT ANY MODS TO ANYTHING. MAIN CONCERN IS GET THE DRIVE STAIGHT WHEN INSTAllED YOUR ROTOR DRIVE ON TOP OF THE NEW DRIVE TOWER. AlIGN BOTH STATIONARY HAlVES OF YOUR ROTOR DRIVE AND YOUR ROTOR DRIVEN PUllEYS TO ENSURE YOU WIll HAVE THEM RUNNING STAIGHT AND TRUE. YOU WIll WANT TO HAVE TWO EXTRA GUYS THERE WHEN YOU GO TO PUT IT IN. IT IS VERY HEAVY AND THREE GUYS MAKE IT EASY TO HANDlE. SO FAR VERY HAPPY WITH IT. GOOD lUCK -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Follow Ups: I have posted what I think of the tsr chopper before and on numerouse times all I had to say was how well this thing worked. I was simpley putting out a warning to prevent any seriouse machine damage due to the bolts. The tsr chopper is excellent. There was just a problem with some bolts on a select few choppers and when notified of the problem tsr was quick to correct it. From what I understand they are sending new bolts to any one that recieved the faulty ones. I have put in the third set of bolts and these ones seem to be working fine. No more holes in my combine. The tsr chopper was not to blame. If any one is to blame it should be the bolf mfg. They seem to stretch and loosen up so the cam wears it in two. That has been my only problem with it and it has been corrected and no cost to me. I am very happy with the chopper and never said that I didn't like it. Just preventing some machine failure. If you are considering direct seeding start this fall and the first thing to do is to install a tsr chopper. It dosent chop the straw it turns it to dust. I was in some 45 bushel wheat and the tsr choppper combined with the case curved steel spreader bats I had a dust tail 30' wide behind my combine you couldn't see dirt. the ground was covered in yellow dust from the wheat. I haven't tried it yet but I think it will chop flax straw good enough to get my drill through it next spring. feel free to email me for some pictures of how well this thing chops. will be starting flax sometime this week. I think it will work and if it does I will have the only combine in the county that can chop flax. I recently tried out a cat 480 with the clause chopper and it had a 39' head and it laid a windrow about ten feet wide and four inches thick behind that combine. my axial flow right alone side it you couldn't even see any remains of wheat after it went through that combine. In the day when it is dry you don't even know that you have it inside you combine. You notice some power consumsion when it gets tough or going through green but that is to be expected. even green grass along feild edges it chopps that up and turns it to dust. contact me in about a week if you would like to stop harrowing and burning your flax straw.