Turkey eggs, peafowl eggs, and goose eggs

Almost Eden

Almost Eden

Bean Stalker
I've had eggs from a chicken, naturally, and I've had eggs from a duck. But despite raising geese, peafowl, and turkeys in the past, I never ate their eggs. I'm not sure why other than I just hadn't seen it done. How common is it to eat eggs from those birds? Have you ever tried them?

Smarty Plants

Smarty Plants

Farm Hand
I can't say that I have. I've always been told that goose eggs taste too strong to be appetizing, so I've never been adventurous enough to try them. I've had quail eggs and guinea eggs before. They didn't taste that different from a chicken egg. Quail eggs are pretty tiny though.

Kathy

Kathy

Farm Hand
I have eaten turkey eggs before. They actually taste pretty similar to chicken eggs. Turkey eggs are a little bigger, though. I haven't been adventurous enough to try goose eggs, either.

Snow Farmer

Farm Hand
Chicken, turkey, 5 kinds of duck, 2 kinds of geese, quail, guinea fowl, we've tried them all over the years, have never noticed a big difference between them, other than size of course.
We only have layers and a couple of Muscovy ducks now, but in the past when we were younger and more energetic we hatched and raised all of the above.