Combines Unknown Gleaner Combine late 1950s

tbran

yup, and if the carb is on the bottom of the manifold its an Allis Engine.. if not it has had a heart transplant,,, and looks like it needs liver and lights as well...

Mactech

Mind if I add this to my Gleaner comparison page at www.wheatfarm.comIJ If so, email me at jlasater@umesd.k12.or.us.

greg

when I was a kid--we had a '59 A---is still sitting in a pasture. on that A the gauges were under the steering wheel-also had a different

The_Red

Help yourself. Just right click on each pix and save to your hard drive.

The_Red

So far I kind of wander if this thing is a mix breed from the comments here and on YTMAGIJ I just added a rear pix.

agcoman

Well Even I dont go back that far , but i ran across some old pics of my dads E , and The combine in question doesnt really match up .

T__langan

Hey Mactech, great site with great Gleaner pics. Don't mean this as an insult, but those good ol' "N" Series Gleaners were some UGlY critters!! There weren't_ain't too many of them around these parts so I don't see them very often. From what I hear, they have tremendous appetites though.... Tom l.

The_Red

I am trying to call my elderly neighbor Herman this morning and see if I can get some more information from him. Almost sounds like a mixed breed.

tbran

ok you have puzzled me. Please look at the drive axles and see if they have an inner ring of bolts inside the wheel bolts. If so it is a A or AII, looks like a A from rear but E in cab. Has optional bin (home made) extentions. look at that engine again, you sure it is 6 cyl GMIJ You can tell I don't have much to do this morn huhIJ