Combines vision track grain loss monitor

greenback

it might be set up for ultra sensative just keep calibrating the loss monitor until you are happy with that one side and maybe the bars might become less extreme to each other

joe

with the direction the rotor turn, one would expect heavier shoe loading on the lH side. are you running any cover plates on the lh side of the seperator gratesIJ

turbo

That is normal. I have never been able to load the shoe even according to the loss monitor. I am surprised they set it that way for you. Mother Deere does not like it set from the factory that way because it raises a bunch of questions. How ever any one who wants to get the loss as low as possible it is very helpful.

Darryl

Thanks everyone for the replies! I am not running any cover plates in the separator portion, but am running cover plates under the first 6 rows of concaves. I am having a tough time getting the white caps out of the grain tank. I find that when I don't push the combine, the loss monitor is very similar for both sides of the shoe, and a kill test confirmed that both sides were similar, but the center of the shoe was loaded way less than the outside sections. When I started to go faster, the loss monitor on the left side of the shoe would spike to 5 bars high and the right side to only one bar high. Doing a kill test shoes that the center of the shoe has almost no material and the right side has quite a bit, but the left side has way more material. I have played with the loss monitor a lot and have it set on 65 currently.