Combines Was there ever a Gleaner l4IJIJIJ

John

Yes and no. There was an l4, but it was not AC_Gleaner produced. The tooling was purchased by a guy who was going to produce them out of Mexico for cheap. While they were cheaper, the company wanted half the money before you got it and I think that put everyone off. I think there were only 6 produced_sold. They were to come standard with 24' header, but if you wanted flex or corn header you were out of luck. The biggest change on this from an l3 was it had a Cummins motor.

lbran

Mr. langan had a piece of literature posted here one time before. Maybe he will put it back on for you.

T__langan

You're mostly correct John, except it was an A-C product. They were produced by Allis Chalmers Mexicana after Deutz bought out the American portion of Allis. They were called Gleaners and they did say "Allis Chalmers" on them but had the midnight blue paint and lime green decals like the Deutz Allis Gleaners of that time. AC Mexicana bought the design rights to the l's from Deutz Allis after DA quit building the conventionals. I do have literature and can scan it to post here but it may be a few weeks as we are in the process of moving and I have my scanner packed away in storage for the time being. I had it scanned and the file stored but I had another run-in with lightening and lost all my hd data that I didn't have backed up. Tom

tbran

this was a project of Daryl Swenson I believe was the name. He started the project somehow then when the people at DA-AC- found out the lid was closed rather quickly. lots of reasons....

JoJoMac

It was late October,clear, cold and very windy. I was diligently applying myself to repairing a seal in a combine at the end of a cornfield. Things were not, as we often say, going as planned. To make matters worse, the wind cruelly mocked me, blowing shards of dry, sharp corn shucks in my face. It was one of those moments in life when a guy wonders:"why did'nt someone show me the error of my ways when I was youngerIJ Why did'nt my father, when he first saw me pick up a wrench, take me aside and tell me that no good would ever come of the path I was heading downIJ

T__langan

Well, tbran, looks like you have some competition in the creative writing catagory! liked the story JoJo......

John

Thanks for the correction. I did know it was A-C Mexicana but I never thought there was any association with DA or Gleaner except just sticking the name on it.